1. Remove factory mainspring housing.
2. Check the fit of the new mainspring housing in the pistol. Some fitting may be required.
3. Push out roll pin used to retain the factory mainspring in the factory mainspring housing.
4. Retain the mainspring that is in your pistol.
5.Insert the included mainspring housing pin retainer, your mainspring and the included mainspring cap into the light weight aluminum mainspring housing.
6. Compress all parts listed in step 5, and while compressed insert the included mainspring cap retainer pin into the mainspring housing.
7. With the pistol hammer down, Insert the assembled mainspring housing into the pistol.
8. Insert the factory mainspring housing pin into the frame to secure the main spring housing.
9. Verify that the grip safety functions properly with the new main spring housing.
10. Screw into place the magwell with the included 8-32 screw using a 5/64" hex wrench. Tighten at approximately 15 inch-lbs
NOTE: IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO REMOVE SOME MATERIAL ON THE ALUMINUM
MAINSPRING HOUSING IN ORDER TO GET IT INSTALLED (FITTED) INTO THE PISTOL
Colt 1911-22 LR Magwell Installation Instructions