Visit www.MosinTriggerSpring.com for more detailed instructions
1) With rifle unloaded, remove the bolt by opening the bolt and pull to rear with trigger depressed.
2) If present, remove cleaning rod by unscrewing.
3) Depress and slide off both barrel bands towards the muzzle.
4) Once the barrel bands are off, you can remove the top hand guard.
5) Remove the screw on the underside of the rifle just in front of the magazine and the screw on top at the rear of the receiver.
6) Remove the magazine and trigger guard.
7) Remove the barreled receiver from the wooden stock.
8) Remove the screw in front of the trigger. If yours is tight, heat may be needed to break it free.
9) Remove the trigger pin. Depending on your rifle, this pin may only go in/out in one direction. Remove the trigger and sear.
10) Install the curved washer.
11) Place the sear and trigger in place and re-install the screw.
12) Take the included fishing line and loop it through the spring.
13) Install trigger pin halfway through the receiver and trigger leaving
room for the spring. Snake the two ends of the fishing line through the
trigger from front to rear and pull the spring through until you can
push the trigger pin into place through the spring. Discard the fishing
Mosin Nagant Trigger Return Spring Installation Instructions